Most all neolithic diseases start with what we call a “Leaky Gut.” Leaky Gut has become a popular topic of conversation in the medical community, even making an appearance on shows like Dr. Oz. When patients are first changing their diet away from a SAD (Standard American Diet) to a Paleo or Epi-Paleo diet, they typically need to heal their guts.
What is a Leaky Gut Syndrome?
Leaky Gut Syndrome is the complex biochemical reactions that occur in the gut, the seeming genesis of where inflammation initially passes into our body. The best way to combat leaky gut is to avoid eating the things that cause this inflammation, meaning strict avoidance of:
- Omega 6s (O6s)
- All grains and especially wheat of any kind,
- and very limited fructose (fruit or synthetic sources)
- nnEMF and blue light cause a leaky gut and brain blood barrier
Many of the low carb diets out there for weight loss completely negate their benefits because they fail to limit omega six fats. A good example of that is the Atkins diet and the current generation of Weight Watchers. Both focus their attention on the glycemic index and glycemic load. This is admirable for “fast weight loss,” but it completely fails to take Leptin Resistance due to omega six (O6) fats mediated via inflammatory cytokines, as Dr. Kruse has blogged on often to date.
Leaky gut syndrome is found in:
- Autoimmune diseases like Hashimotos, PCOS and fibromyalgia
- Adrenal fatigue
- Inflammatory bowel diseases like: Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, eosinophilic espohagitis, and the most common disease of the GI tract today called GERD (gastro-esophageal reflux disease)
- Anorexia and bulimia
… among others.