The EPCOTx Protocol is based on Dr. Kruse’s Epi-Paleo diet, and is designed to do a few things after one major thing is corrected (melatonin) to get your gut working well once again. It limits inflammation while improving “gut leptin sensitivity” and once it is firmly entrenched, it allow for better mitochondrial efficiency and protection of the intestinal barrier from free radicals, bad foods, and poor lifestyle choices. These things are called epigenetic effects. This video will help you understand the value of the EPCOTx Protocol more fully:
This protocol will help you rebuild your gut flora create the healthiest gut (which will give you the healthiest brain/gut) possible.
The EPCOTx Protocol works because it helps lowers inflammation, reduces oxidation, and helps you stay in a chemically reduced, “pro-gestation” pathway of health.
This protocol is especially effective in helping reverse:
- Candida, GERD or helicobacter infection
- Skin problems
- Eating Disorders
- Hormone imbalances
EPCOTx is an acronym that stands for some core principles:
- E = Epi-Paleo Rx method of eating. The food you eat should be as low in inflammation as possible based upon HS CRP, mTOR, Vitamin D, and your CoEnQ10 levels.
- P= top quartile progesterone levels on your hormone panel. For men this one is relatively simple if you order the test. For ladies it requires the balance of Progesterone to Estradiol to be in decent balance to get optimal gut function.
- C= Cortisol optimization and the potential use of cycloset. The cortisol status can best be checked using an 4 panel salivary adrenal stress index (ASI) that includes a DHEA level.
- O = Onions/Garlic/Oxytocin The onions and garlic have huge local effects on endogenous gut health
- Tx = Tumeric, Metformin, DHEA, melatonin. The remainder of the protocol incorporates a variety of these substances if they are needed based upon ones history or lab findings.
Sleep is ushered into the human brain by high melatonin levels and it directly wires into the cell cycle. Here is a blog providing those links. The EPCOTx protocol is designed to reverse engineer this process to help you reset your circadian clocks and reverse your gut issues slowly over time.