We talk a lot on the blog about the brain-gut axis and the implications our gut has on our overall health, including:
- Most brain disease and neurodegenerative disorders start in the gut (tumors, autism, depression, high blood pressure, Alzheimer’s, hypertension, heart disease) start in the gut.
- Autoimmune diseases like MS starts in the gut when your gut flora is changed to a more simplified flora, allowing inflammation to pass from your gut into your liver and to flood your brain blood barrier.
- Infertility starts in the gut by allowing inflammation to overwhelm your system and affect your HPA, destroying its ability to make the releasing hormone that releases sex hormones.
- Obesity is caused by inflammation getting through the gut, simpifying the gut flora, and invading the blood brain barrier to destroy the HPA and hypocretin neurons, which is equivalent to driving on the Long Island Expressway with mud on your windshield, no wipers, no windshield wiper fluids and your car only goes 20 mph. Your body is essentially in-operational, unable to keep up with the demands of a taxing environment; needless to say, this is very dangerous.
Everyone thinks that things like bacteria, candida and carbohydrates are what screws your gut up, but what they don’t realize is … light is a bigger deal: it shrinks your brain and literally causes you to de-evolve.
This webinar is about LIGHT, the north star of circadian biology:
- 48% of our brain neurons are wired for light (by comparison, only 10% are wired to our gut–consider the implications of that).
- People in the paleo community say that “sleep is important,” but Dr. Kruse is going to explain why sleep according to circadian biology is ridiculously important, more important than diet even (not to minimize diet), and how you can begin to reverse major disease by leveraging this important distinction.
- And after all this, learn what you can do to leverage circadian biolody and manage the light in your life to reverse disease and get optimal.