Every wave connects with everything in nature via resonance and so it is with life. ---- Dr. Jack Kruse THE TAKE HOME: Is there something special about how the sun creates light that is critical for a mitochondriac in training to understand? Do you know what it is? If the blood plasma connected the [...]
- The Redox Rx: How to Improve Your Redox PotentialCancer, Circadian Cycle, Cold Thermogenesis, Dentistry, EMF, Epigenetics, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormones & Methylation, Inflammation, Leaky Gut / Grain Brain, Longevity Principles, Mitochondria, MS - Multiple Sclerosis, Nutrients and Supplements, Optimal Pillar 1, Optimal Pillar 2, Optimal Pillar 3, Optimal Pillar 4, Optimal Pillar 5, Series: Energy & Epigenetics, Series: How To
Redox potential is the gain of electrons in our cells to help energy transmission flow efficiently. Detoxification is directly linked to the redox potential of any cell. In my Redox Rx, I'll give you a summary of the redox potential to help you understand the concept and steps you can take to improve your redox potential.
- Internal Stressors with Dr. Tim Jackson: Zeroing in on the Root Causes of Leaky Gut, Thyroid Issues, Adrenal Fatigue & More
Internal Stressors with Dr. Tim Jackson: Zeroing in on the Root Causes of Leaky Gut, Thyroid Issues, Adrenal Fatigue & MoreAdrenals, Cancer, Diabetes, Endometriosis and PCOS, Estrogen Dominance, Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos / Grave's Disease, Hormones & Methylation, Leaky Gut / Grain Brain, Nutrients and Supplements, Optimal Pillar 1, Optimal Pillar 4, Optimal Pillar 5, Series: Guest Blogs, Series: Heal Your Hormones, The Digestion Connection, Thyroid
Internal Stressors with Dr. Tim Jackson: Zeroing in on the Root Causes of Leaky Gut, Thyroid Issues, Adrenal Fatigue & More
You’ve been treating your "adrenal fatigue" for years, but if you stop your adaptogens, DHEA or other adrenal supplements, you fall apart. You’ve been addressing your leaky gut for a year, but if you stop your probiotics, glutamine, aloe vera, etc., your stomach begins to hurt and you get diarrhea. You gave up gluten, but your thyroid antibodies remain elevated. You can’t seem to warm up despite taking thyroid medication. Your cortisol and DHEA won’t balance, despite correcting your sleep hygiene/circadian cycle. You exercise several days per week, but the more you exercise, the fatter you get. What do all of these things have in common? Internal stressors!
On the surface a quilt seems a random collection of parts to make a comforter. That is what the undiscerning eye sees. But at its core, the assembled parts begin to act in unison to do something that no single part can do. In concert, Nature only uses the finest threads to weave her patterns, so each small piece of her fabric reveals the organization of the entire tapestry. These random musings are coming from future blogs in the Quilt. Enjoy!
Last Wednesday Jack was the guest on the Not Just Paleo podcast show and the recording is now up and ready for listening. During the podcast Jack discussed the food and light cycle of the planet, along with the importance of protecting against blue light. He also spoke about his meditation room and shared with [...]
- LISTEN NOW: FREE Community-wide “Heal Your Hormones” webinar with Dr. Tim Jackson!BHRT, Endometriosis and PCOS, Estrogen Dominance, Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos / Grave's Disease, Hormones & Methylation, Series: Heal Your Hormones, Webinars and Q&A Calls
If diet and lifestyle changes, supplementation or BHRT (bioidentical hormone replacement therapy) haven’t taken you to optimal, listen to the replay of this community-wide introduction to Healing Your Hormones with Dr. Tim Jackson!
- Energy and Epigenetics 6: Quantum Cell Theory, Life as a Collective PhenomenaAlzheimer’s, Anorexia and Bulimia, Autism, Circadian Cycle, Cold Thermogenesis, Depression, EMF, Epigenetics, Heart Disease, Hormones & Methylation, Hypothyroidism, Inflammation, Longevity Principles, Mitochondria, Optimal Pillar 1, Optimal Pillar 2, Optimal Pillar 3, Optimal Pillar 4, Paleo News, Series: Energy & Epigenetics
This will probably be the most important blog in the entire Quilt. It is how I see the three fundamental laws of nature integrating and coordinating the physiologic function of animating life. It is how all life works as a collective phenomena.
- Energy & Epigenetics 1: The Infant Brain is Unique GalleryADD / ADHD, Alzheimer’s, Autism, Circadian Cycle, Depression, Diabetes, EMF, Epi Paleo, Epigenetics, Erectile Dysfunction, Guillian Barre Syndrome, Hashimotos / Grave's Disease, Hormones & Methylation, Inflammation, Leaky Gut / Grain Brain, Live your Optimal Weight, Mitochondria, MS - Multiple Sclerosis, Optimal Pillar 1, Optimal Pillar 2, Optimal Pillar 3, Optimal Pillar 4, Parkinson's Disease, Series: Energy & Epigenetics, The Leptin Prescription, The Optimal Paleo Diet, Thyroid
Today, we begin to examine levee's 6, 14, and 26 in the Quilt document for the first time. We begin to show examples of these levee's by examining how the human brain forms and functions in an infant. This example will act as an analogy to help us understand many other processes as the blog series rolls on. There are many countervailing influences in life that on the surface confuse our intellect. They create the appearance of paradox, enigma, and myths, and mysteries. I find when we look at the world through the hull of a glass-bottom ship, to look through a kaleidoscope at the galaxies that exist on the edge of our mind, we begin to see the sense that nature makes from the chaos of the world. I like the irony that mysteries often create. Today, we are going to use some "other observations" we have all made to show you how the mysteries of our modern world might be solved asking better questions instead of settling for the answers we have been given. The Human Infant It is clear in modern medicine now that we can not have optimal human brain development unless we have a secure nutrient rich food supply for both mother and child. This relationship also needs to be maintained postnatally for several years after birth until neuralation is successful. It does appear in modern neurosurgery research that human brain development is programmed genetically to a certain extent, but is more malleable then we thought because of the new science findings of epigenetics. This is also more apparent in humans than other mammals because our brain is so complex that even small changes in functional regions can lead to massive clinical changes that become apparent as the child develops. Autism and spectrum disorders are a good example of this phenomena.
- Quantum Biology 12: Do We Need DNA To Tell Time? GalleryADD / ADHD, Cancer, Circadian Cycle, Cold Thermogenesis, Diabetes, EMF, Epi Paleo, Epigenetics, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormones & Methylation, Longevity Principles, Mitochondria, Optimal Pillar 1, Optimal Pillar 2, Optimal Pillar 3, Optimal Pillar 4, Series: Quantum Biology, The Importance of Sleep, The Leptin Prescription
How important is time really to life? Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course? Each of us has such a bank. It's name is time. Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to a good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no over draft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no drawing against "tomorrow." You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success! The clock is running! Make the most of today. To realize the value of one year, ask a student who failed a grade. To realize the value of one month, ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby. To realize the value of one week, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper. To realize the value of one hour, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet. To realize the value of one minute, ask a person who just missed a train. To realize the value of one second, ask someone who just avoided an accident. To realize the value of one millisecond, ask the person who won a silver medal at the Olympics.
- Quantum Biology 10: Hormones 102 GalleryADD / ADHD, Adrenals, Autism, BHRT, Cancer, Circadian Cycle, Cold Thermogenesis, Diabetes, EMF, Endometriosis and PCOS, Epi Paleo, Epigenetics, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormones & Methylation, Hypothyroidism, Inflammation, Leaky Gut / Grain Brain, Live your Optimal Weight, Longevity Principles, Mitochondria, Optimal Pillar 1, Optimal Pillar 2, Optimal Pillar 3, Optimal Pillar 4, Optimal Pillar 5, Series: Quantum Biology, The Importance of Sleep, The Leptin Prescription, The Optimal Paleo Diet, Thyroid, Thyroid Cancer
Two years ago I gave you the Hormone 101: Clinical thoughts revealed blog post. That was a small dose of reality at the beginning of this journey. There was some foundational hormone biochemistry there given to you in simple terms. Most people jumped all over the free T3 link to pregnenolone in the post. They thought that "their cure" for hypothyroidism and/or chronic pregnenolone steal syndrome was increasing free T3 or just lowering reverse T3 to raise pregnenolone. So what was not observed? A trip down memory lane for the hormone cascade Leptin resistance occurs first in the brain. Then insulin resistance happens soon their after in the liver, gut, and peripheral tissues. This eventually leads to adrenal resistance. This resistance occurs at the PVN in the brain. (Brain Gut 16: Adrenal Fatigue Rx) It does not happen in the adrenal gland. What happens is that the outflow from our sympathetic system in the brainstem overwhelms the parasympathetic nervous system. This increase in overall cortisol initially, is the stress hormone that allows for fight or flight syndrome (life or death). As this condition persists chronically over time, cortisol levels decrease and flatline on adrenal stress index testing.